Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

FSMCDesigns posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 6:25 PM

Quote - I'm certainly happy some reality users have been posting pictures of Dawn.  Certainly solidifies my decisions on her.  She seems to be a good idea gone wrong.  Who knows, maybe in four or five years she'll be as common as V4; but, I just don't have the spare cash to be an early-adopter or unpaid beta tester.  I've been pretty quiet around her because I've gone back to using poser full-time since the release of R3 and Poser 2014.  I had forgotten just how flexible and how much of a joy it was to work with V4 and Poser.  Not to mention the thousands of dollars I have in V4 content.  True, studio has its autofit and that was one of the selling points for me; but, now that there's the tighten/loosen fit morph tool as well as the droop morph tool, I doubt that I'll ever go back to studio unless they toss that idiotic d-form and go for more vertex morphing tools like poser has.

That being said.. I see plenty keeping the faith with the DS/R2.5/Lux route and am seeing a ton of fantastic renders on DA.  For those of you who haven't used R3 yet; you're in for a treat.

Funny, I had more joy working with V4 in DS, still do, LOL.

Having been a long time poser user well before DS, I am just the opposite, which is partly the reason I haven't done much lately, just not getting along well with the R3 UI and I feel like I am going backwards with poser again. That and the genesis2 fiasco at Daz, just feels like to much work jumping thru hoops.

Luckily I got a bunch of commercial work for one of the games I develop for and that has me pretty busy, so glad to see you have a workflow that works for you, best of luck!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page