Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 ยท 494 posts

erogenesis posted Thu, 12 September 2013 at 8:48 AM

Quote - If you wanted, I could send a medical sudy showing how the ribcage flexes at its joints and chnages shape, I have it in digital archive somewhere - amazingly it was only fully understood how it moves in recent times. Some of Deviant Art's work recognises how the spine and ribcage move.

All this may be taking your new figure into a level of perfection you do not need. But, it would be an exciting one to use. We would certainly buy it.

Were you thinking of a male figure too ??

yeah definitely scoot me that study. if it had videos, the better. Whether or not it is worth adding to the figure depends on how precievable it is, and how much work it is, and how much of a problem it can pose for conforming clothing. For you it might be instantly precievable but for others not, so I'll have to give it a try.

I want to stick to V4's bending pivots (to max on compatibility) but if I can add a bone or two to V4's current rig and improve her bending, then yeay!

I was initially going for a unimesh but that proved very complex. However, the mesh design is such that a male variant would be very easy to squeeze out of. Enough polys in 'that' area. Concerning poly flow and big freak muscles, hmm, not sure. It would be awesome if I could cater for everyone but my priority is to make a 3D figure that simulates the average human nicely. For freakshows, we've got Genesis.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."