Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

nextenso posted Thu, 12 September 2013 at 10:22 AM

Thanks for input JoePublic, with a real touch toes below, you can see the difference, where the usual 3D figure 3 pivot points cause totally unreal folds in the skin at stomach /chest level, and a different back shape. Its fine it the figure is clothed, doesn't matter. But we have to show it wearing sportswear, mostly bare skin.

The main problem, as in an earlier part of the thread, is the bend/twist replication, and the main issue is how the skin moves which is controlled by the bend points.

Of course I am looking for far more than the usual use of the figures and fantasy type fgures. That's why I asked about commissioning a figure for our use.

As far as I am aware, we are pioneering the use of realistic 3D figures in practical training applications. In Gymnastics, scores are increased by achieving exact body shapes set down in the rules, so, we need to show that.

The human form is beautiful, the way it moves, the shapes and smooth transition from one curve to another. Why shouldn't we want to get as near that as possible. It makes our product more desirable.