Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 ยท 494 posts

JoePublic posted Thu, 12 September 2013 at 11:06 AM

The weightmapping and JCMs are an integral part of the rigging, so it doesn't matter if you do still photography or animations, as there is no extra work. Basically bulgemaps help keeping the correct "volume", preventing the mesh from collapsing, while the JCMs do some final smoothing and can add detail like correct "flesh rolls". (Provided the mesh is dense enough/has the right topology to support such detail) The improvements can be done for every joint and every movement, but realistic twisting and "flesh sliding" is Poser's weaker point, even with weightmapping. It's perfectly doable, but here JCMs have to do most of the work, while with bend and side-side movements the bulge/weightmaps do 90% and the JCMs are only for refinement. It doesn't matter so much what mesh is used, although anatomical correct topology helps of course, but how much time is someone willing to invest in the rigging. But once the rigging is finished, Poser has the ability to transfer such a rig into clothing with just a mouseclick or two, so a more complicated/anatomical correct rig is of no disatvantage for the end user. And if done right, neither uses much more system resources than your average rig. Thanks for the kind words, but, sorry, all my energy needs to go into my own projects, so I can't spend any time doing support or help or testing. But if there's a question regarding figure design posted, I usually try to answer it. :-)