Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

erogenesis posted Thu, 12 September 2013 at 11:18 AM

Quote - Thanks for the kind words, but, sorry, all my energy needs to go into my own projects, so I can't spend any time doing support or help or testing. But if there's a question regarding figure design posted, I usually try to answer it. :-)

hehe ok, then I know where to find you!

About WM, I've been using it more and more recently but I cannot say that I like it that much. It has its advantages but it has its drawbacks too. It doesn't have the mathematical accuracy that the legacy zones has and I find myself fidgeting in the smallest corners trying to solve a nasty fold. In legacy zones the spheres and capsule provided a reversable situation that could easily be undone in zBrush as a JCM. 

Another thing about WM is that it doesn't do lateral bulges, only along the path of rotation. This doesn't have to be a problem straight away but it shows that you cannot get a realistic bend with WM alone. When a knee bends to extreme angles like -150, the volume of the calf and thigh muscles (and fat) gets squashed out sideways. This you can only do with JCMs. 

Lali's Bits was all done with Legacy zones. I think I will take the same approach with Project E and thereafter convert to WM, because that seems to be the thing nowadays (plus it will be compatible for DS too). With Poser's 'copy morphs from' its a piece of cake to copy the JCMs to clothing, and they respond too!

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."