Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

nextenso posted Fri, 13 September 2013 at 5:19 AM

An interesting search, truly amazing what some people do, or want to do :) No twists and bends were there though,  surely that's a part of erotica. We are dependent on what the photographer likes, too often devalued by being overtly crude and sadistic for commercial sex trade.

I know what you mean about the back in a twist. The back and spine is one of the most beautiful parts of the human form, both sexes, such a mixture of curves especially the inward sway of the spine, the dimples where the kidneys are, then into the curve of the buttocks.

Not to miss out the gluteal fat, which is only in the female form, that blends the lower curve of the buttock into the upper thigh in a lovely smooth flow of shape - although some women have an excess of that fat even when a trim figure. For guys that fat is not there and the buttock meets the thigh with a tight angle and crease.

But, then there is the slight curve of the stomach and ... hmmm ... in art terms I think the back wins out ... unless the front is perfectly proportioned.

To clarify, my interest is in the art form rather than erotica, although that can be an art form too, and in many cases beautiful as well. !!!

As for Poser capability, when I have time over next week or two, I will take the great pose below as the starting point, and get Poser to animate the figure bending forward to touch toes - its fairly near to a Gymnastics movement - and see what it does.

Well, I know what will happen, and try to use pulls and bulges etc to rectify. If I let Poser infill between keyframes, and it will need many keyframes, because the limb movements are way outside the limits normally used and the algorithms used do not accomodate such movements, the leg or arm will suddenly stick out of the spine or elsewhere.

Anyone else want to try it :)))

I have collected a few of Russell Flint water colours of his mostly nude studies of women, he knew how capture that magical essence of body shape. Do a Google image search on his name. This is one of them.

I have some of mine on the wall either side of dinner table, it amuses me watching people we have in for a meal, giving surreptitious glances at the paintings without making it obvious they are looking. :)

Sorry, going off topic.