Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: From Dawn to Danielle....

JoePublic opened this issue on Aug 17, 2013 ยท 46 posts

JoePublic posted Fri, 13 September 2013 at 7:28 AM

"Fixes have to work the same in Both Poser and Studio, or it sort of defeats the purpose of a character that can share content between apps." Such fixes are not possible, as the rigging engines of both Poser and Studio have drifted apart a long time ago. To make a figure work in both Poser and Studio, you either have to use an elaborate converter software like the DSON exporter, or you have to "simplify" the rigging to a point of basic functionality. Now Genesis went the first way, which has still problems, and Dawn went the other way, which has problems, too. "Fixing" Dawn by adding more "sophisticated" Poser rigging means "breaking" her for Studio. (And OTOH adding more "sophisticated" Studio functionality, would mean you'd need DSON exporting software for use in Poser, like Genesis does.) My point is, you can't have your cake and eat it too ! If you want better bending in Poser, you have to give up "easy" Studio conversion. If you want "easy" Poser/Studio conversion, your figure will bend not as good in Poser as it could. As I said, Poser and Studio are simply technically too far apart from each other. There is no "magic rigging" that works equally well in both. (Actually, there never was, as even V4 bends better in Studio than in Poser, and has to use a lot of cludges to bend "reasonably well" in Poser.) So my intention was too improve the Poser rigging for Dawn, but I'm fully aware that that might spoil her Studio rigging. I'm not allowed to simply RTE-encode and distribute her as I did with V3WM and D3WM, and I also can't wrap my poor brain around (re-)learning all the techie stuff necessary to make a "properly legal" injection-python-readscript-outfitter-whatever file that can carry all the mods and fixes I made, so I guess we're stuck here for now. So off to storage on one of my external hard-drives she goes then. Wouldn't have minded sharing her, but I don't have the energy to jump through lots of hoops just to distribute a freebie. Still, thanks again for the kind words, everybody.