Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making a new Female Base Model? Don't want to disappoint? Checklist.

Photopium opened this issue on Aug 11, 2013 · 494 posts

jjroland posted Fri, 13 September 2013 at 9:27 AM

As to the debate that was had, oh I wish I could respond to some.  But I've rode that ride before and it made me sick.. so to the original statements.

1:  Genitalia

For my use, I will not buy another model that isn't male or female to start with.  However much some have no use for them, I want them.   Tits do not make a woman.  So I'm sorry you can't just throw a couple of lady humps on them and call it a day IMO.  Well you can, but I'm not going to buy it.

2.  Realistic joints:

Yes.  For the love of god make the hands work right.  I don't care how many bones you have to put in there, I want her to be able to hold things.  I want her to be able to DO things with her hands.  Feet, the same.  Please put enough in there that I can have more than default and shoe poses.  

At the same time, please keep in mind those that will be making clothing to support the figure.  Don't make it a nightmare.   Grouping on toes is something as well.  Please keep the groups in the foot area to a minimum.  

3.  Morphable face and body. 

Again YES.  I'd prefer that the base mesh was just plain.  No outstanding features.  Example:  Nostrils and Toes on V4.  Don't make it ugly either.  Dawn is like a 10 drink date.

4.  Morphs.  All of 'em.  Launch with all of them.

Meh on this one, I can see the purpose in launching in two packs.  It's understandable.  I guess it depends on the price of the package.  I think around $30 is good for the base model, $20 for the morphs++, and then extra smaller morph packs should cost a little less unless they include as much.  So if you wanted to make it $50 base + morphs that would be understandable.  One catch there though.  Often a person will want to first buy the base figure to find if they even like it (that's what I did with Dawn)  I would not have spent $50 on Dawn out of the gate, and if I had I would be PISSED.  Keeping model apart from morphs gives customers a chance to try it out before fully invested.   I really didn't mind Daz's business model in this regard.

5.  Breasts.  

They do all disappoing don't they.  I love the idea of starting out with NO breasts and then being able to morph them in.  It's easier to add than to take away in this regard.  I'd like to see the nipple area connect to breast size in this way too, and then to be able to adjust the nipple individually after.  With V4 once you change the breast too much the nipple has those edge lines become so visible.  I hate that.  Thank god for zbrush.

Also:  I'd really like to see launch with one outfit and one hair.  They don't have to be the bestest, they don't have to even have more than one texture.  But out of the box I'd like to be able to get a feel for how the model is going to work in the major areas.

Before anyone comments on my lack of gallery images, I don't post my images here anymore.  As a matter of fact, I don't post here much at all these days.  The way this conversation has been attacked and then "handled" are the reasons for that.  I made that clear in the poll yet again this year.  I'm pretty sure it's irrelevant lol.

I am:  aka Velocity3d