Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Request for Pose vendors

DocMatter opened this issue on Sep 14, 2013 ยท 22 posts

lesbentley posted Sat, 14 September 2013 at 6:01 PM

Quote - Making sure to leave Body transforms unchecked in the dialogue that pops up when saving makes no difference. The pose will still return the figure to whatever location the figure was in when the pose was saved.

Not so in my experience. By default, Poser does not save BODY translations or rotations to a pz2 unless you select 'Body transforms' when saving the pose, and thus the pose can't move the BODY actor. Poser will save hip translations and rotations, which is why you should normally position your figure within the scene by translating BODY in x and z, not the hip. That way, applying a properly saved pose should not move the figure to a different part of the scene. yTran is a different matter, normally the BODY's yTran should remain at zero, and the hip yTran should place the lowest part of the figure (eg feet) on the floor (or at the desired altitude, eg in a jumping pose).

If you (or the author of the pz2) did not select 'Body transforms' when saving the pose, and the figure still moveds to a different part of the scene when you apply the pose, it is because the pose contains large hip translations. It is bad practice to include large hip translation in the pose.

Quote - So what am I looking for to edit out?

In figures that do include BODY transforms, you can edit them out in a text editor or a Poser file editor (eg CR2Editor, or the D3D Poser File editor, or philC's pz3editor) just select the transform channels in the BODY and delete them. If you did not select the 'Morph channels' option when saving the pose, you can delete the whole body actor from the pz2. Alternatively, you can apply the pose, then resave it with 'Body transforms' deselected.

If the problem is caused by hip translations, then the best way is probably to apply the pose, adjust the hip x and z translation (but not ytran) to, or near to, zero, then resave the pose. > Quote - And what text editor to use? Since all the standard ones I have like to jumble everything up.

I use EditPad Lite, but any half decent text editor should do (Notepad is not a half decent editor). Also considder getting an editor designed specifically for editing Poser files. Not really needed in this case, but handy for editing cr2 files.