Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: how to set up scenes inside vehicles?

5200north opened this issue on Sep 14, 2013 ยท 17 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Sun, 15 September 2013 at 10:30 AM

Quote -

Quote - ok, i'm not 100% on how to use the grouping tool, any advice or where to go to learn more??

Select the actor (body part) or prop that you want to work on. Open Grouping Tool (it's one of the icons in the Editing Tools palette).

Click the New Group button. Give the New Group the name "transparent". Select the facets that you want to be transparent by holding down the left mouse button, and dragging the mouse to draw a selection box around the facets you want to select. Selected facets will turn red. If you select any facets by mistake, hold down the Ctrl key and draw a box around them to remove them from the selection. You may need to change the camera view to catch all the facets you want. Note that if you select a camera to move it, you will need to reselect the body part before you can continue.

Once you have all the facets you want transparent selected, click the 'Assign Material' button, and name the material "transparent". Close the Grouping Tool.

Open the Material Room. Select the material named "transparent" (it should be at the bottom of the list). Set the Defuse_Value and Specular_Value to zero. Set the Transparency_Value to 1.0. Set the Transparency_Falloff to zero. The desired parts should now be transparent.

Save the figure to the Figure library with a new name (so as not to overwrite the original).

Yes this is what I tried to explain :) And if you switch to Wireframe you can select all the facets in one go, no need to rotate the camera. When you can "see though" a model, so can the Grouping tool (and vice versa) - clever way of doing a backface cull imo.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.