Forum: Bryce

Subject: I thought render to disk was supposed to be fast.

UVDan opened this issue on Aug 10, 2013 · 18 posts

Bambam131 posted Fri, 20 September 2013 at 8:56 AM

I use to try and use the "Render to Disk" feature in Bryce but the render time rather then go down would actually go up 10 times what it would have taken to just render the image the normal way. The only advantage that I have ever seen for using that feature was the ability to set the DPI resolution so that if the nucklehead that does not know how to use a 40 meg file could print with a 300 DPI resolution. I have had quite a view of my pictures published and 99% of the images that I sent the client were 72 DPI just like yours. The file itself was over 30 megs and resolution was close to 4000x3000 and thats all that really counts. If the people that continue to demand 300 DPI resolution images (and they will) are still asking for that then honestly these people should find a new job. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck on your render using that feature but I think you should be able to get the disired effect by making the image itself larger then resizing the picture after you render it especially if you are going to publish that image.

Cheers,

David

PS: Very nice picture that you're trying to render, excellent composition and lighting!