Forum: Carrara

Subject: Simple Features That Would Add Value To Carrara Without Exorbitant Costs...

dr_bernie opened this issue on Oct 05, 2013 · 38 posts

dr_bernie posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 11:22 AM

Some anomalies in Carrara's lights behavior that need to be fixed, or am I the only one to consider them as anomalies?

1. A bulb light has a range, a range fall-off, but has no fall-off type (Linear, inverse squared or logarithmic). Is this an omission or or is it the way a bulb light should behave?

2. A tube light emits light from both its ends. This isn't how tube lights behave in real world. Is this the way tube lights are supposed to behave in 3D world or is it an implementation shortcoming?

3. Disc and rectangular shape lights emit light from both sides. The also emit light from their periphery. I believe I saw in a demo of Cinema4D that their shape lights emit light from one side only, which is the behavior I would personally expect from a shape light.

Correcting these issues (if indeed they are issues) shouldn't take more than a couple of days and they would make Carrara's lighting so much more accurate.