Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Possible Poser 10/PP2014 Bugs - Post here so they are seen

basicwiz opened this issue on Jun 06, 2013 · 258 posts

Hydra posted Sun, 13 October 2013 at 11:15 AM

I am using Poser Pro 2014.  I recently installed a number of Windows 7 updates, but one of them will not install and gives an error code which I cannot find in the Micrsoft Help database.  Poser will no longer load my libraries.  I researched this problem and found a bunch of threads explaining similar issues with older versions of Poser, not 2014.  

Nearest I can figure, it is a problem with Adobe Flash.  I uninstalled Adobe flash player, and followed the instructions to delete the files in the flash folder.  Now when I start Poser it says it needs adobe flash player and has a link that says Get Adobe Flash Player right in my librarires area.  I click the link, I select the installation, it initializes, then the initialize bar disappears completely and nothing happens.  Ever.  (I gave it 30 minutes to do something).  It seems to be stuck on step 2 of 3.  

When I try to download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player from my browser, it says I am using Google Chrome, which has flash player built in, therefore it does not allow me to download it. 

Can anyone confirm that Adobe flash player is the problem and not some microsoft windows update?  Or lack of a Windows Update?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hydra