Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: To All Merchants!!!!

Virus opened this issue on Sep 21, 2001 ยท 221 posts

Questor posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 5:35 PM

I'll answer you Mehndi, because you deserve an answer, and were gracious enough to offer an apology in the form of a request for forgiveness. I offer that and I am grateful for that. Thank you. As I said earlier, and I think a lot of other people who haven't responded to this thread but are reading it will agree, I will reserve judgement on your guild until such a time that you have a more firm agenda and documentation to present to the communities. I do not, have not and am not objecting to your formation of a guild of artists. I AM voicing my concerns and concerns that I feel are shared by others who don't want to get involved in this. I do not know of any war being fought on a private agenda, but I am not privvy to what is happening behind the scenes or in your private mail box. Nor do I wish to know. I have my own concers, and as I said, while this is the only place I can discuss them then I will have to resort to this. Once you have somewhere - as you mentioned earlier - then I will be more than happy to take this discussion elsewhere and talk to you on a different level where perhaps you'll have a firmer idea of what exactly it is that you intend to achieve with your guild, how it's going to work and what the future is. I do have strong, and I feel valid concerns about this process. I will do you the honour of bowing out of this thread until you announce or tell me of this other place we can discuss this, or don't as is your choice. It is not my intention to further a personal agenda or any other kind of agenda. My intention is quite simply to set my own mind at rest that this is not another build up to yet another site war and fracturing of the community. I don't care what other people think about the guild, I really don't. The intentions of a guild can be quite honourable and can be a great service to the class of artisan they serve. The structure is all important, as is the honesty, integrity and fairness of it's heirarchy and leadership. Those are points of discussion for another time. Anyway. I will leave you in peace. For now. If given the opportunity I will be happy to contribute or simply discuss this idea of yours. If not, I will continue with my life as I have been and simply wish you luck. If you truly are intending to do as you say then this is certainly a shining beacon for all current and future new members. Excuse my pesimism, I have seen too many great ideas twisted by a few strong willed individuals. I look forward to your presentation of a discussion forum and a set of documents detailing the guild, it's aims, it's agenda and the future vision of it's staff.