Forum: Bryce

Subject: Roll Call

brycetech opened this issue on Oct 19, 2013 · 86 posts

datadraw50 posted Mon, 28 October 2013 at 8:30 AM

Hi everyone, I miss the seasoned artists who have moved on. I'm basically an unknown in the galleries as I am a beginner and have only posted about 40 images in the bryce gallery over the last 7 years.  I changed service provider and had too rejoin the site under a new name (my current name is datadraw50). (Formerly, I was datadraw1).  I admire and respect the work of the artists who have set the ground work for people like myself.  The most difficult thing, is thinking of an original idea for a picture, that has not been done to death already. Nowadays, there are a few new artists in the bryce gallery, whose work I question, as they seem to get high ratings for beginner type pictures. Or those that go on and on and on, with the same type of picture for months, sooo boring. What I look for myself is, critical statements on my work, so I can improve and learn from those folks who know art. I think Bryce is a great program for creating and rendering pictures, it's sad that DAZ didn't get the rights to change it to the 64bit platform. The renders you can get with Bryce are near VRay quality. One day, Bryce will be put on the back shelf for good. I was glad to have  good and bad experiences with it.  I appreciate all comments and ratings on my past pictures.  I will post pictures in the gallery again, in the near future. To all of you, a tip of the hat, Thanks, Kevin.