Forum: Carrara

Subject: Should Daz Sell Carrara And, If Yes, Who Should It Sell It To?

dr_bernie opened this issue on Sep 27, 2013 · 70 posts

manleystanley posted Mon, 28 October 2013 at 10:46 AM

That is it though. I used to look forward to DAZ sales. I'd join the Pclub in August or September and run it through to march or April because that was the time of the big DAZ sales. I haven't the past couple of years because there really is no reason to. There just doesn't seem to be any "special time of year" sales. DAZ may call them as much, but with the non stop sales there's nothing "special" about them.

I get DAZ sales spam practically daily. I've been tempted to put them straight in to my spam filter and just forget about them.

Just to make a point, recently LOTRO started a double XP month as a lead up to the release of helms deep. With XP practically falling from the sky as is; I often comment I expect to be given XP for passing wind soon  The last thing some of us players need is twice as much of the all ready too much XP. Yes Turbine has a XP disbler pocket item for sale in the store; costs as much as a some expantion packs.

What this means is the XP disabler is a top ten seller when it is on sale. Due to the demand of a way to turn off the XP for the double XP month Turbane released a cuopon for 25% off, and dropped it in a thread. For the last week that thread has been the 1# most hit thread on the forum and of corse the XP disabler is in the top ten sellers.

That is how you create a void. You make it so special people can not afford not to buy during the sale.

Now if I were running DAZ; I wouldn't be banned from the forum well maybe, but I run items at a resonable everyday price. Then I would have a consumers board made up of regular customers; say 20 and at least 5 Carraraests and 5 Posers, to poll after buying an item. One of the questions would be was it the value you paid for it? That way I would know what to put on sale say the last weak of the month.

I'd also give those consumers a 10% off next purches for posting renders of the/an item. Renders in the forum are always good void boosters. I mean how many times have you passed up an item till you saw a render of it on a forum?

I'd also not run sales opposite real world sale times. I'm mean whom has money for virtual items when shopping for Xmas? The DAZ sale should be "the returned item blues sale" the first part of January, when people have a bit more money to shop, and lets face it possably be a bit let down from Xmas and wanting to buy somethng pretty to better their mood.