Forum: Carrara

Subject: Should Daz Sell Carrara And, If Yes, Who Should It Sell It To?

dr_bernie opened this issue on Sep 27, 2013 ยท 70 posts

tsarist posted Wed, 30 October 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quote - That is it though. I used to look forward to DAZ sales. I'd join the Pclub in August or September and run it through to march or April because that was the time of the big DAZ sales. I haven't the past couple of years because there really is no reason to. There just doesn't seem to be any "special time of year" sales. DAZ may call them as much, but with the non stop sales there's nothing "special" about them. I get DAZ sales spam practically daily. I've been tempted to put them straight in to my spam filter and just forget about them.

I have to disagree with you here Stan.

For me the frequency doesn't dictate the value of a sale, it's the price.

True, the PC sale was special because of the way it was conducted (voting, etc). Even there, the PRICE is what really did it for me. Remember we used to get long lists of brand NEW items, along with oldies and BUNDLES (Dragon, Aiko Pro, etc) and we got to vote on the top 10 and those would be up for $1.99 each. WOW! Great price!

Contrast that with this past sale. No voting. Items for 44%off not $1.99. There were a few items that were priced at $1.59 the day they were released, but most of that were poses and textures for Genesis. In fact most of the new stuff out was for Genesis, even when it didn't have to be.

Same with the PA sale. At first you had to buy 3 items to get the 50% off. Then you needed a calculator to see if they actually gave you the right price.

Also, consider the FastGrab. I used to get stuff from there regularly. Now the prices seem higher and the Grabs not as good a value. I can't remember the last FastGrab I got.

I could live with things regularly being on sale ALL the time if the PRICES were as good as they used to be.

I'm an artist and do this professionally, and can always use low prices, because I don't really make much.

Constant non-sale "sales" do me no good. If Daz kept the prices right, I would be very happy. As it is constant buy 2 to get sale prices, and other crap gets ignored by me.