Forum: Carrara

Subject: Dear Dartanbeck

manleystanley opened this issue on Nov 02, 2013 ยท 55 posts

Dartanbeck posted Sun, 03 November 2013 at 1:34 AM

Agreed. Dustrider hits it right on the head, as usual.

"Dead Figure"

That is so funny that it's not funny.

DAZ 3D has developed an amazing figure. A real treat. They improve upon it and decide to release Genesis 2 in both Male and Female versions. This will make it easier for those of us whom enjoy collecting every single morph shaper we can find. Now we won't have the female dials mixed with the female. It will truly help clothing designers - not having to make certain that their products work with all morph shapes.

But does this mean that the original Genesis died?

Why don't we have a nice browse through this marketplace and also at DAZ 3D. Does it look dead to you? I hope not!

The original Genesis has some heavy-hitter DAZ people shapes, monsters galore, and a pletora of other great addons, shapes, and textures. This is going to continue.

DAZ 3D has some really impressive (to me) technology in the works. Although I am not at liberty to disclose what I know, I can say that I am very excited about the brilliant future that the company has going for it. I just don't understand the rationality of how improving upon their developments can translate to them being the bad guy. They sure seem to be doing the right thing to those of us whom create for them - and now, with the new developments on DAZ Studio Pro (still free? How nasty of them!) giving us some of the finest tools for creating this sort of content around, and published documents on how to get started with it.

Carrara 8.5, like I've mentioned before, is truly the best Carrara to date.

Dustrider did a great job of illustrating how Carrara now stands all by itself in what it can do for us. This individuality that Carrara holds just got a lot stronger with the new upgrade - and I really look forward to seeing what they're doing to it now!

On a side note, which follows through to earlier versions, since they've added the ability to model in the assembly room, I have really been getting fantastic results in the vertex modeler - but not within the modeling room... in the general workspace of the assembly room! This makes it possible to create models while other (as many as your memory will allow) models are present in the scene - so we can model around and into other objects. While in edit mode, you cannot select anything outside of the mesh being worked on, so it's very efficient and easy. And I've never once wished for a tool that Carrara doesn't have, while creating my mesh. It is a great modeler.

Carrara's render engine - I'm really glad that Dustrider is right about the difficulties involved in porting over to new engines. I love the render engines included with Carrara. One of my favorite aspects about Carrara is how I don't have to wait forever to get my images. Sure, you can slow it down. That part is easy. But when you compare similar scenes in Carrara with other software, it just rocks!

Carrara's Shader possibilities are what help to turn a crappy render into a perfect one. Carrara actually helps you to get beautiful renders by being so easy to work in. You aim that lights in a real manner. A manner one would expect to work with lights in the real world, yet as with all 3d rendering, we also get to break the rules of the real world. Carrara's shader functions, like everything else in Carrara, is set up with terminology that makes so much sense towards the outcome you're looking to achieve, that we can look at our renders, determine what needs adjustment, and go in and fix it. Sure - this goes for any 3d software. But Carrara's friendliness is evident throughout everything within it. So you can drag your feet and drudge along... or you can spread your wings and fly. Carrara is not biased as to how you wish to use it.

Carrara is doing the opposite of dying - no matter your negativity. This totally pleases me. More and more people are buying Carrara. The gears of development on Carrara are turning. While I might add to the wish lists for new features to see in future versions, I really love Carrara for what it already has - but I know already that I'll just continue to upgrade. I know DAZ 3D, and they make me feel good! I am a Dazzer!

Dartanbeck.com          ===          Dartanbeck on YouTube