Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn's Impact on the Poserverse.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Oct 19, 2013 · 489 posts

RawArt posted Sun, 03 November 2013 at 6:25 PM

Quote - Oh please, DAZ CREATED the gap in the first place. DSON was merely an attempt to placate disgruntled Poser users who felt disenfranchised. It worked to some degree.  I see Poser developing in a different direction and what DAZ does or doesn't do won't matter much eventually to the Poserverse. As you say they'll go their way and create the DAZverse or whatever. Frankly, as long as Genesis is stuck in DS I'll never use it.

Eventually, another third party developer will come up with a figure that takes full advantage of Poser's technology, or SM will develop a figure that will. Either way, make mine Poser, baby!

P.S. Not really directed at you, I just REALLY wanted to use that emoticon!

No one is arguing that DAZ created the gap.

In order for DAZ to grow, they needed to be able to make figures that could do all the kinds of things that people were asking for them to be able to do. Unfortunatly the software did not have the capacity to allow the growth, so they had to push their own software....and this has worked very well for them

DSON was not made to bring poser people back because of some big mistake...it was done simply as a community service. Sales for d/s products have already far surpassed poser sales and are continually growing. The old-school poser market is not very large anymore.
But that said....many of us are still making products for poser, or at least compatible with poser. Because we all still respect that part of the market. All my poser sets have their own custom textures made in poser itself (not some simple conversion), using all the advanced features that poser can handle (or at least the ones I know how to use LOL)..and I do the same for d/s with all the advances that they have.

But as the markets grow further apart, it will become harder and harder to continue to develop for both...and right now d/s is in the lead for both the market sales and for the tech that will allow me to make cooler and cooler characters.