Forum: Carrara

Subject: Dear Dartanbeck

manleystanley opened this issue on Nov 02, 2013 ยท 55 posts

Dartanbeck posted Sun, 03 November 2013 at 10:42 PM

Manley Stanley,

As for my being a DAZ 3D Cheer Leader, I'll admit it any time - proudly.

Anyone following your conspiracy theories about the company should really understand the major flaw in your design, which uses the model where DAZ 3D actually has control over what everybody buys, and when they do it. That's simply not at all how it works. DAZ 3D works very hard to maintain the status that they hold in the market. That work doesn't include having somebody pay you a visit and force you to make purchases. It does include paying close attention to what is available for use in further, future development of their goods. Turning DAZ Studio into what it is today doesn't come from accident or luck. It takes immense knowledge and research... it takes genius. Any one of use can make a mesh and rig it. DAZ 3D welcomes you to submit what you create for potential goods. They send the call out across the globe and beyond to whom ever might be listening. This is how they get the published artists that they have. Renderosity, too. I buy a lot of stuff here, too. Genesis is one top-of-the-line figure base. How do I know that? From those in the thousands that say so, and from using it myself. I'm no major judge of what is the best - except when it comes to what "I" want to use. And "I" chose to use Genesis 1 and 2, and I also chose to use all of the previous generation figures, Predatron's LoRez figures and amny more.

Nobody is forcing industry standards except for the masses that wish to use it. If it flops, there goes a lot of hard work. How do they get it right? Through talent, knowledge, open ears, and solid development. Genesis comes free. Nobody can force anybody to load it into a scene. Michael, the Millennium Man and Victoria, the Millennium Woman are still in the store with plenty of excellent support products. Renderosity has an excellent selection of goods that works solidly with all generations of DAZ 3D figures. Poser's Content Paradise is loaded with support for DAZ 3D products. This doesn't come from being wrong all of the time. Belittling DAZ 3D is belittling anyone whom supports them. I don't understand how you could possibly attract a following - especially here!

Hogwash, I tell you!

Dartanbeck.com          ===          Dartanbeck on YouTube