Forum: Carrara

Subject: Dear Dartanbeck

manleystanley opened this issue on Nov 02, 2013 · 55 posts

Dartanbeck posted Mon, 04 November 2013 at 1:25 AM

LOL Manley, Manley!

Carrara 8.5 sold more copies than any other version to date. DAZ 3D pricing is very low. You cannot buy Poser Pro for what you'll end up paying for Carrara. Well... not you, because you don't want it. And you really don't. Because Genesis is really cool. And it just won't work properly at the moment without cms. People who have never tried Carrara before are now joining in and seeing why we're such a happy bunch. Carrara is simple, it's powerful, and no matter what sort of 3d design you fancy, Carrara has tools to help you do it.

We're even getting Octane support now. That's a real screamer.

Your getting booted, I think, wasn't just a simple moderator thing. I think you said the wrong things to the wrong individuals just two too many times, or something. I mean... I never thought you were all that bad. It doesn't have to be all giggles, but I can see where they don't want people coming into the forum for the first time only to see five signs on the front page saying "Do Not Enter... this place is Bad... Go somewhere else"

I know that's not literally what was going on - but darn close. When the new forums came on line, many of us didn't even want to post it was so freaking anti-DAZ 3D. A little here and there is one thing. But these folks deserve much better than that. And when you say that there's something wrong with us standing up for what and who we believe in, well then perhaps it's not us who are in the wrong place. Personally, Renderosity here is all about supporting DAZ 3D and Smith Micro and AutoDesk, Adobe, C4D... these things are all incredible. Read any professional animation text book. None of the people creating or upgrading these applications deserve to be having rocks thrown at them. These people have a job to do. A job that's not even close to being described as easy. They even tried to answer some of your reports just for you! I saw it happen right in the beta forums. You got all thankful for a post and then you turned around the snubbed another insult at him. He finally returns after being accused of not posting in the forums any more and he gets insulted again... for what? Trying his best to give it his all towards what he's told to do? He's good at his job  and he has an excellent team. That was incredibly uncalled for. But that wasn't around the time you got the boot... that was quite some time ago, like when he first left the forum. He probably went to his boss and said: "I don't need this horse shxt!" and his boss said: "You're right - get out of there".  I've always liked you - I still do. We butt heads, but that's fun. But I'm not going to say "Oh really? You got banned? What on earth for?"

It was sort of like going to someone's house and telling them that they made the wrong thing for dinner. The chairs are too freaking soft, and we need more beer. Shut that TV off. All that is is propaganda and ...

Who really puts up with that? Complaining is one thing. But respect should always be placed back when and where it's due. And they deserve a round of applause and some thanks - even if you have no interest in 8.5 upgrade. Why? Because it marks the beginning of the Carrara 9 development cycle - that's why.

Sorry for laying it out like that. Someone in the stands at a basketball game bitching because people are playing basketball is simply out of line, and out of place. It's really funny at first - but then it needs to remain done. I'm only responding to this particular part because you mentioned above that the DAZ forum is all one sided, DAZ 3D's side. That's not even close to being accurate. We're all answering our own questions through our own expertise, experimentation, tests, and civility amongst our fellow Carraraists. The Carrara forums has a lot going for it right now. I can almost see that it can be fun to just open up and, instead of looking for ways that you can get something done, look for reasons why you cannot figure anything out - and blame the creator. Those negative thoughts are what eventually leads to the dark side. Balance is good. Gloom and doom... well... it's gloom and doom! lol

Sorry if you feel offended. And I'm sorry for you that you feel so upset about how things went for Carrara. Personally, if I was still using Carrara 6 or 7 Pro - or even 5 Pro... I'd still be praising it - because it did what I wanted it to back then! If you've had it since version 2 and you still don't like it... argh... I thought that I left! Forgot to uncheck the 'notify me' box.

Have fun in AutoDesk's Nine Grand verion of Max. I think that if you spent that on that... you'd really be upset - because you'd want your beloved Carrara back. Maybe not - because that is one amazing toolset that is. But from looking at whay dr-bernie wants, I doubt he'd be happy with the lower priced versions. When you want everything to be the way you want it - you often have to code it all yourself - like they do at the very largest of movie production houses - if they even still do that.

Carrara is amazing for the tiny price it costs and to disagree with that is, well... only in my opinion... thick. 8.5 was said, from the very beginning to be the support for Genesis and that it would not be free. Genesis has amazing value and it's only free because DAZ 3D allows it to be so. At a time when the whole country felt an enormous financial hit, and we would all have to put our 3d hobby endeavors on hold, DAZ 3D comes up with the incredibly cool idea of giving away three, beautiful software packages, a wealth of starter gear and, now I really like this one, starter instructions on how to build stuff for Genesis so that you can sell it. The instructions are incredibly simple, only because of the genius engineering they've put into their gorgeous DAZ Studio Pro. Over $200 (and worth it) software... and it's still free!

Wow... I'm still babbling? I better go to bed.

Dartanbeck.com          ===          Dartanbeck on YouTube