Forum: Carrara

Subject: Dear Dartanbeck

manleystanley opened this issue on Nov 02, 2013 ยท 55 posts

Dartanbeck posted Mon, 04 November 2013 at 1:37 AM

Dustrider,

Excellent points that, I guess, I was trying to say to dr-bernie as well. If you really want Shader and Vue and Cheetah and... nobody is stopping you from adding them to your toolbox.

Carrara's render engines have enormous possibilities. I really began to notice this when I built my eight core work station. Just clicking the "Best" boxes doesn't automatically set your image to be the best. Most of my renders are at very low settings in that regard - as I endeavor to optimize my shaders and lighting to cank out the look I'm after at very high speeds. I am in this for the animation. And Carrara is my all time favorite animation gymnasium.

I really do say that Carrara is the best, I guess. But that's because it's a true statement when it comes to me - what I need to do. The folks that I know whom use Maya or 3ds have to pave their own ways with that as well. Tools are constantly being created to aid us in our efforts - but the only way to have it completely done automatically is to hire someone to do it for you. But you gotta be nice to them or the cash just won't be enough to hold 'em.

Dartanbeck.com          ===          Dartanbeck on YouTube