Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn's Impact on the Poserverse.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Oct 19, 2013 · 489 posts

Dale B posted Mon, 04 November 2013 at 7:00 AM

Eric, Joe....

I'd already have Z Brush if I hadn't stumbled across a deal on Pro Tools 10..... :P The pipeline was pretty bare in the audio end. But now with Pro Tools and my lovely Sennheiser HD380 pro headphones with their absolutely =flat= response curve, I'm oh so ready there (well, except for a good condenser for vocal, and a decent pair for stereo environment). If you need to do audio work trust me, they are =so= worth the cost (Plus it's funny as all hell to wave them at a member of the earbud generation, watch them sorta hesitantly place them on their heads....and then pale and start looking frantically for the bass boost. Or yank them off and go on a long tear about the 'cheap defective headset with no thump to them').

Yeah, Poser -does- need a glamour dolly that grabs attention....but said dolly needs to be Poser-centric, and utilize all the new goodies to the max. Dawn has potential....but at this stage, that is all it is. As to the wisdom of the choice SM made....it's about 2 years since the Great Divide, and there is already two incompatible versions of the g-thing out there. Whereas the stuff that Syyd, PhilC, Traveller, Davo, Dendras, Sean, Penguinisto, Netherworks, Anton, Diane, DaCort, Rawnr, Xurge, etc, etc etc made over the past decade+ are all still useable. I've got a small movie cast's worth of figure's in the runtime, and what I do in Poser can be output in several standards the industry accepts, which makes it easier to work with other applications (not that they couldn't add a few more; EXR would be lovely). I hope she succeeds, but I do -not- want to see Dawn, or any other figure, become 'the vicky killer'. That paradigm has resulted in, to quote, "More slutwear than all of New York's Victoria's Secrets combined". The marketplace needs to embrace variance.....it's the only way it will ultimately survive.