Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn's Impact on the Poserverse.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Oct 19, 2013 · 489 posts

EClark1894 posted Tue, 05 November 2013 at 5:11 AM

I have to say one more thing. I've never been a big fan of one figure being able to morph into several others. That includes not only Genesis, but V4 as well. I didn't like it when V4 was able to morph into Stephanie 4, Aiko 4, The Girl 4, She Freak 4, and the V4 Male. Obviously she was the precursor for Genesis 1. I find it interesting that Genesis 2 is a step backward for the "ultimate technology" figure.

One of the big things I can't figure out is why vendors were so reluctant to include morphs in clothing for other morphs, more specifically, Stephanie 4. Most of the time I had to use a script to get V4 clothes to fit S4.

Thing is, I like figure diversity, and both Genesis and V4  genrally produce a certain "look" that let's you know that they are morphs of V4 or Genesis.  V4 is so distinct in her look to me that after a while I never bothered to buy any character morphs for her anymore.

I suspect Dawn will eventually follow suit and provide character morphs, but not everyone in the world is a six foot tall big boobed fashion model.

I'm kind of pissed right now at SM because Poser 10's Roxie and Rex have borrowed from that paradigm. Both Roxie and Rex are great looking figures, but they have almost no morphing ability to change body type, and while you can change their facial type in the Face room, They didn't provide any african american  texture maps.

Okay, that's my rant for today. Carry on.