Forum: Carrara

Subject: Dear Dartanbeck

manleystanley opened this issue on Nov 02, 2013 ยท 55 posts

manleystanley posted Tue, 05 November 2013 at 8:14 AM

Aniblocks; that carrara can import{badly}, will work on G2f; they screw up genesis though.

Now If I had C8.5 and was still on the DAZ forum I could show just what it is capable of. After all I ran it through it's paces with genesis during the beta; and found it sadly lacking.

Now I wont argue that some carrara features need updating{badly}. My argument is are the DAZ devs that working on carrara capable of doing it?

Or possibly more relevant, can it be done?

It could be a situation much like my hand writing. I only know 3 people that can read it and one of them is me. Could be a similar issue with the carrara codeing. The DAZ devs are having such a hard time figuring out how it's coded that they spent most of the C8.5 development cycle figuring it out.

There are questions that need to be asked that are more pertinent for making any sort of judgment like that. Like:

Are the devs that are working on carrara now the same one/s that were working on it 3 years ago?

Was the C8.5 beta so protracted because they had a new team on it? {although I'm hesitant calling 2 or 3 guys a "team"}.

Since we are well aware that the dev team at DAZ, for carrara, are none of the original developers of carrara, do they have enough understanding of the carrara coding to make these changes? If the coding actually allows for it.

My point is we shouldn't worry about the "I wants" till we know just if it is possible. I'm not as worried about the improvements needed to carrara as I am worried that the present development team is incapable of making them; for multiple possible reasons.

I mean really, I did the beta for two years, they had to be doing something besides just working on C8.5 for that 2 years. My opinion they started on C9 about 6 month after the first C8.5 beta release so C8.5 pretty well became secondary. So C9 may be impressive, but I can count the number of times DAZ has impressed me on one hand and not drop my cigarette.

But dude, really, you don't go at some ones art, that is just wrong. I feel it's every bit as bad as going at some ones mother. Now I may critique some ones art then follow up with suggestions on how to improve it, but you just don't go at someone's art like that.