Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn's Impact on the Poserverse.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Oct 19, 2013 · 489 posts

Netherworks posted Tue, 05 November 2013 at 10:40 AM

Why pick on the toons?  Show me where the bad toon touched you.  :P

Niche can still work if you have a large enough audience to support it or if there is not a lot of competition in the creation department.  This is a random, made-up example:  If 5 guys are making Roxie content and a smaller number of users are looking for it, there still may be a respectable audience for that.  You would have to make the attempt to know.  If 300 vendors are making V4 content and the number of users is reasonably large, you still might not have the sales you want depending on what you made, what is already out there and so on.  Popularity doesn't mean you are going to be successful every time, particularly with a figure that has been out 7 years.  However, that is not to say pick the most unloved figure out there either.

My Samedi figure is absolutely niche, a toon, and has done well all things considered.  I made it because I wanted to and I was passionate.  Yeah there are a dozen things I'd probably do differently.  It's not the end all of anything though, just a toon, just a figure.  Once I enjoy immensely but it is what it is.

Genesis is going to be mentioned because it is current, usable in Poser to some degree and is a fore runner.  Same with V4 and DAZ makes both.  On page one was mentioned by you guys "However she will never reach V4 and Genesis status".  I guess that kind of comment tends to start folks off.  :P