Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn's Impact on the Poserverse.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Oct 19, 2013 ยท 489 posts

Zev0 posted Tue, 05 November 2013 at 12:12 PM

Quote - Yep, that's why you had to come out with your morphs for the DAZ figures.

Because they have proven to be a success, and a profitable business and a good investment. Also I just love the G base mesh. It allows me to do what I want to do. Some of us do this full time, so we cannot afford to take risks on new figures who have not yet proven themselves, specially if backed by a new site with no proven track record (not former Daz's track record, but Hivewires). Many Vendors cannot afford to do so, it's why you won't find content from them. Some did try during Dawns initial release and reverted back to V4 and have not released another Dawn product. Want to guess why? It's something not all customers understand unless in the same position. We have huge development costs and sometimes we just break even depending on that products success. Sure we do make profits as well, but its not always fairy dust and unicorns. Yes sure supporting a new figure gets you a round of applause from the community, but how does that help you when you are not generating enough to profits on that product release? I look at the market Dawn is aiming at, and its fragmented, because she can only be used by a handful of Poser users who have the latest version, and is redundant in DS against the Genesis figure line. Compare that to V4 that works in nearly every version of Poser, and you get your answer as to the size of the market difference. So from there you can gage possible max profits based on that information. Also the fact that the Mesh and default shape is not to my liking does not help. Maybe you should become a Vendor, then maybe you will understand why certain decisions are made on content releases, and why they are only for certain figures.

My Renderosity Store