Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Looking for Hawaiian/Tahitian Flower Crown & Lei for DAZ

MarkR151 opened this issue on Oct 30, 2013 · 15 posts

Ken _Gilliland posted Tue, 05 November 2013 at 1:32 PM

Quote - I have a question, I was looking at your Hula products for both Dawn & Gen4 and noticed that the Dawn version shows several colored Hibiscus flowers which the Gen4(Victoria 4?)does not. Someone on the DAZ forums showed me what he did adding those Hibiscus flowers to the crown alongside those small Baby'sBreath type flowers. Adding some larger flowers helps the appearance a lot. I was also hoping for those six-petaled white Tiare flowers to be available since they're indigenous to the South Pacific, particularly Tahiti.

But does the Gen4 version not come with anything other than those little flowers and the green leafy stuff? 

The Gen4/Genesis set (when originally at DAZ) came with the Hibiscus flower as a bonus when buying the bundle. My partner on the project, Ryverthorn added it at the last minute to add incentive to get both. When items moved to Hivewire, that bundle was discontinued and the flower vanished.  When creating the Dawn Hula set, I decided to add it as part of the package.  I probably should have added the Hibiscus flower to each of the other sets as well (and in fact, that will be my project today as well as converting the older DS4 files to the newer .duf format).  That should be ready and in the HW store in a week or so. 

The small flowers you see in the headress are Ohi'a Lehua flowers, which are a mainstay of Hawaiian culture. As far as additional headresses with Tiare flowers or other items-- I might always create more on a whim, but no promises. I did the Hawaiian clothing/weapons/plants/outriggers soley as a backdrop and support for my Hawaiian bird set.

Songbird ReMix