Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn's Impact on the Poserverse.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Oct 19, 2013 · 489 posts

Zev0 posted Tue, 05 November 2013 at 7:45 PM

Quote -  Neither Smith Micro nor DAZ 3D will be able to heal the breach between DS and Poser users.  The techology in both programs is too different, and it would not be healthy for either company to adopt the other's technology.  Hivewire is attempting what neither DAZ nor SM can, and for that they have my respect.

What are they attempting may I ask? Honestly, most of her content is Poser only, so where is the bridge? I still see a huge split. Only thing Dawn really did was get some vendors who develop Poser only content to try out DS and attempt a DS version and vice versa, but thats about it. If she did bridge the gap, content would work universally between both apps like V4's does (with the exception of shaders and specific mats being app specific). In that regard, Dson does a better job than having to buy seperate Daz and Poser versions of the same product at full price for each. What about those of us who use both applications? Do we now have to buy both versions if we want to use content in both? That to me is not bridging anything, but making me decide one way or the other. That is how I see it to be honest. I said to myself from day one that if Hivewire wanted to take this Unity stance thing seriously, they would have opened up a division that ensures content released there works for both applications. Granted they will have no control over content sold on other sites, but on theirs they could have set an example by at least making an attempt. That would attract more vendors to sell their who struggle with dual support content. That to me would be an attempt at bridging the gap. So do they get my respect? Maybe if they did something like that then yes, but right now I do not see them doing anything differently than what the other companies are.

My Renderosity Store