Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn's Impact on the Poserverse.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Oct 19, 2013 · 489 posts

Male_M3dia posted Tue, 05 November 2013 at 10:04 PM

Quote - To get back to the original question.

I will also only speak for myself, as that's the only one any of us truly can speak for.  

Yes.  Dawn is the white knight this Poser user was looking for.  She has completely replaced V4 in my runtime, and I no longer purchase V4 products.  For me, Dawn has been successful, and I have seen her release mend some of the bridges ... for those people who are interested in bridge mending.  

Neither Smith Micro nor DAZ 3D will be able to heal the breach between DS and Poser users.  The techology in both programs is too different, and it would not be healthy for either company to adopt the other's technology.  Hivewire is attempting what neither DAZ nor SM can, and for that they have my respect.

Now, this is why I far prefer to use Poser over DS and Dawn over Genesis.  It's an extremely painful process to use DS, and an even more painful process to attempt to use Genesis with DSON in Poser.  Talk about hoops!  and being limiting.  That really does describe both DS and Genesis to me.

I gotta be honest and say after reading this post, if Hivewire's goal was to heal the bridge between DS and Poser users, they've utterly failed.

I find it fascinating how that bridge is being tore down as fast as it's being built and people don't realize they've even done it.  

I applaud those vendors that take time to create Dawn products for both Poser and DS users, and this really does a disservice to the work Hivewire and those vendors do to make sure their products work the same for both applications.