Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn's Impact on the Poserverse.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Oct 19, 2013 · 489 posts

EClark1894 posted Tue, 05 November 2013 at 11:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - I agree, except not everyone can or is able to use DS. I would think anyone making Poser only products for Dawn are doing so because they can't or don't know DS well enough to make clothes that work in the program. Dawn's only been out about three months and it may take a while for people to get up to speed to learn to make clothes for the new program. And if there are more Poser only items, it would also seem not enough DS vendors are making items for Dawn in the first place.

And on the same note, not everyone can or is able to use Poser. I bought Poser and learned how make material settings for my products. I tested and make sure my Gen4 products worked in Poser as well. I made a shorter M4 character (using ExP tech like Steph4, because there was no David 4) for one of my products and I spent several days testing it in Poser to make sure it worked as well as it did in DS.  

And on the Genesis products, when I found out the scaling wasn't working right, I went back and adjusted the rigging so it would work for those users that do use Genesis in Poser.  And I did that so both programs can use the products the same. So when you see posts from customers not grateful that everyone can use the same products, it really doesn't want you to make the effort to do it for both. And only people that make stuff for both can really understand what I'm saying.

Valid points, but as I said, it takes time to learn a program. I don't think any vendor should simply hold back their products, especially for a figure that's starving for products, until they've fully learned the program in question. That goes for DS users OR Poser users.

I remember when Optitex, for one, didn't or couldn't release products for mac users  of DS. They didn't hold back the products. They released them until they could make the product work on macs. And that's not the only DS plugin that wouldn't work on a mac. The current Mimic Live plugin doesn't work on a mac. I don't see DAZ holding it back until they can make it work on a mac, if they ever DO make it work.

My point is, I may not like a product being for one platform only, but if the vendor is working on trying to make a version  that works in the other program they should be given time. As has been pointed out... it's only been three months.