Forum: Carrara

Subject: Should Daz Sell Carrara And, If Yes, Who Should It Sell It To?

dr_bernie opened this issue on Sep 27, 2013 ยท 70 posts

manleystanley posted Sat, 16 November 2013 at 8:18 AM

Why do you think I am always carrying on about DAZ making their profit off the backs of their PAs. It's my opinion the constant DAZ rolercoster of sales may be the ruination of DAZ. As more and more big name PAs take their work else where; and they are, DAZ will lose it's main and practically only source of income.

Before studio got the figure set up tools in studio 3, to me studio was nothing but a sales gimmick. It was made and given away specifically to sell content. It had no other use. At that time I was useing Poser 5/6 to work on content. Even though I had dabbled with Studio since it's release, I never took it seriously till it got tools; that I paid for.

The turning point for DAZ was the release of studio 4 or should I say being bought out by that online avatar company.Studio 4 was the last version of studio that had the original DAZ crew working on it. You see what has happened since. Development of not only Carrara but Studio as well, has slowed to berly perceivable. DAZ seems to be spending all it's time managing it's stable of PAs.

The time will come when DAZ's profiting off the work of PAs will end up breaking the backs of the PAs. More and more will leave starving off the crumbs from the table DAZ leaves them, to some place they can get a decent meal from the food they provide.

Note: I am 12 for 15 now. Some day DAZ might start listening.

So to tie this back to the topic; ;), Yes DAZ needs to give it up and sell the company to a group that actually can develop apps and sell content with out leaving just table scraps for the PAs providing said content, and disapointing it's customers with overpriced lack luster app releases.