Forum: Carrara

Subject: Should Daz Sell Carrara And, If Yes, Who Should It Sell It To?

dr_bernie opened this issue on Sep 27, 2013 ยท 70 posts

dr_bernie posted Sat, 16 November 2013 at 10:39 AM

First, regarding Truespace, the amount of the deal was never disclosed. But at that time some people in the TS forums put forward the sum of $700M, yup seven hundred million dollars!

This sum sounds greatly exaggerated to me, but even if it were 1/10 th of that, ie. 'only' $70M, it still was a very sweet deal for Roman.

Regarding DAZ, It's good to see that momentum is building-up here for the whole company to be sold.

The question is now how much is Daz worth?

Let's assume that Daz splits into 2 companies, one for contents, and one for software.

I cannot tell how much the Daz Content Corporation is worth. But the Daz Software Corporation will not be worth much, probably $500K to $1M at the very most, with a median value of $750K.

Daz Studio isn't worth zilch, because nobody will pay to acquire a software product that is still WIP and is given away for free.

The price to acquire Carrara + Hexagon + Bryce + Mimic? I personally wouldn't pay more than $500K, at most $750K, for all of them, and at this price I expect to get unrestricted lifetime Daz/Poser content licences as well.