Forum: Carrara

Subject: Octane Render Plugin for Carrara

DustRider opened this issue on Oct 27, 2013 · 60 posts

DustRider posted Sun, 17 November 2013 at 12:14 PM

@dr_bernie

This is simply getting ridiculous. I've been very upfront about everything I've posted, including the limitations and advantages of GPU rendering. At this point, if you want to actually learn about GPU rendering, fine there's plenty of good information on the net. If you don't, that's fine as well. But please don't post more misleadeing information about it in this thread.

I started this thread to inform Carrara user that a plugin to Octane for Carrara was being developed. I realize that for whatever reason, you don't want that to happen, and you don't want Carrara users to adopt it. I don't know if you have a grudge against Otoy, or you think that this will make the inclusion of Embree less attractive to DAZ, or ?????

I do get it (as does anyone else who looks at this forum), you want Embree in Carrara. I would even consider supporting your quest, if I have the proper real, hard data to put forth with a request to DAZ. But in all honesty, it is not a big enough deal to me to do all the homework myself. Bring me good hard data (preferably not in this thread - as it was created to discuss the Octane plugin), actually put forth the effort and make a formal request to DAZ yourself, and I will do so as well. 

You talk like money is a big issue for you, then you post the specs for your systems. They are definitely more than I can afford for computer hardware for just my hobby. You even have cards capable of using Octane, so why such a negative attitude.

I really don't get what your issue is. You start off in this thread talking about all the over excitement regarding the Octane plugin, and say that Luxus was a flop, and that the Octane plugin will be a flop as well. Then you try to hijack the thread to continue your Embree crusade here. You've tried to discourage the use of Octane, often with poor information and conjecture. I just don't get it.

I really don't understand your comment regarding your 8Gb scene either. I've been up front about the limitations of GPU rendering. You do realize that with Octane two cards with 6Gb ram doesn't equate to a total of 12Gb for your scene don't you? The max available ram is limited to the card with the least amount available. Again, if you had really done your homework, you would know that Octane includes a lot of tools and automatic functions for optimizing your scene, but as I have told you before, you really shouldn't consider using Ocatain for the big scenes you create (though an 8Gb scene in Carrara no doubt would fit in 6Gb of RAM). 

Regardless, I'm done, I have better things to do, like rendering with Ocatne.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......