Forum: Carrara

Subject: Octane Render Plugin for Carrara

DustRider opened this issue on Oct 27, 2013 · 60 posts

jonstark posted Sun, 17 November 2013 at 3:17 PM

Dustrider, quick question for you, just to give me an idea of the current filesize limitations in Octane.  One of my favorite renders you did I think was set in Faverals Medieval Docks (I could be wrong, but it was definitely a medieval city setting) with 2 or 3 M3/V3 characters in the distant background, fully clothed, and I think 3 different V4's in the foreground, 1 of the V4 characters was captured by the 2 others who were flanking her, and I remember the captured one was topless (lol) but other than that again I think they were fully clothed with weapons and props, etc.  I'm at work so I can't scan your gallery to identify the exact image, but I'm betting you recognize the one I'm talking about (great render, by the way).

I'm wondering if a scene of that size and complexity could have been rendered in Octane or not, or whether it would have been too big.  My curiosity stems from the fact that that's about the size and complexity of scenes that I currently top out at (I don't do anything with 100 M4s for example, but it's not terribly unusual for me to have 2 or 3 V4/M4 characters with some lower-poly background people in the shot).  I'm just trying to get an idea of whether a scene like that could easily be done in Octane at the moment.