Forum: Carrara

Subject: Simple Features That Would Add Value To Carrara Without Exorbitant Costs...

dr_bernie opened this issue on Oct 05, 2013 · 38 posts

DarwinsMishap posted Tue, 19 November 2013 at 2:25 PM

Quote - With Embree in Carrara your renders will become so fast that you will no longer need to turn-off full raytracing or use interpolation to get some speed.

I am almost certain that Embree will be in Poser Pro 2016, simply because Smith Micro's management team is competent at managing software products and Daz's management isn't.

With Embree in Poser Pro 2016, there will be no point in using Carrara anymore.

Again- there are those users who cannot use a render engine like Embree.  There are many I know personally that still run C6 simply because they cannot invest in both a new system and new programs.  Some simply are happy at where they are, and a few like the challenge of the older programs.

There will always be a 'point'.  Embree will not be the go-to, end-all rendering engine that has everyone drop one program for another.

Ever since the Beta 1, it has had issues.  Will you have to have a SSE3 supported CPU? 

Again- there is no one answer for everyone's needs.  I, for one, struggled for many years with a system that was almost seven years old when it finally died- after twenty or so HD wipes and restores to try and get it to work with DS3 and C3/C7. 

If you want industry standard, research it.  this is not industry standard yet- and to say that people will walk away from Carrara because of it is a bit of a lofty predicition.  What documentation do you have to support the fact that Poser will be using this- and if it's in 2016, what does it matter NOW?  They have only just released Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014.