Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dawn's Impact on the Poserverse.

EClark1894 opened this issue on Oct 19, 2013 · 489 posts

Eric Walters posted Tue, 19 November 2013 at 10:30 PM

DaleB

I enjoyed reading your post! The Lord of the Rings spoof is excellent! Sorry to read about your nerve damage and carpal tunnel. Damn!

Quote - > Quote - Dale B,

Glad to hear you got ProTools 10! When we have multiple hobbies sometimes one has to take the back seat for awhile. I was not playing with 3D much when I was focusing on Guitar.

Yeah, to make animations you have to have multiple hobbies. I miss my guitar right now; ulnar nerve damage and carpal tunnel in the left (dominant for me) forearm. Still have my grip, but side to side control is minimal to nonexistant Waiting to see what the ortho says about it..... :/

Quote - LOL on your comments RE: The Earbudders! I've got a pair of electrostatic head phones I love for serious music listening.

Almost as much fun as taking an mp3 weenie and giving them an example of what uncompressed fidelity actually sounds like; I particularly like getting one that doesn't really know and destroying their fantasies. One dude I did that to was a Yanni fan (as I am), and had never heard any of his work uncompressed. Just his little Ipod on his arm strap. Can't say he had tears in his eyes, but I could sure toss a ping-pong ball into that slack jaw....

Quote - RE: Zbrush-I've had several requests to sell my Dawn Characters and Creatures. Might just test the water in that regard! To all: not sure why one figure has to eliminate another. Doubt that will happen. I am currently focused on Dawn morphing-but there is no reason not to use V4WM still.

Three Morphs for the Polygon Lords neath the lowering sky,

Seven for the fanboys in their basements of stone,

Nine for end users doomed to cry,

One for the DAZ lord on his darkened throne

In the land of Draper, where the Shadows lie.

One Mesh to Rule them all, One mesh to Find them,

One Mesh to Bring them all, and in the DAZness bind them,

In the land of Draper, where the Shadows lie.(With apologies to Tolkien.....) That is pretty much -still- the mindset out there. People are too fixated on that particular business model....and anything that doesn't adhere to it is considered a 'failure'. Not in its merits, but on wether it fits a business model.