Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Poser 8/9 has stopped working" after IE10 Win7 64bit update?

3dcheapskate opened this issue on Oct 15, 2013 ยท 36 posts

3dcheapskate posted Thu, 21 November 2013 at 12:20 AM

IE11 just sneaked its way onto my system yesterday, and after a month with no problems Poser 8 and Poser 9 have stopped working today. Coincidence?! Again!?

I've done a bit more investigation this time (posted over on the DAZ thread - see the 2nd post on this thread for the link). I'll just note my new conclusions here:

a) It seems to be a combination of IE10/11, having your default Poser 8/9 default content installed in an external runtime, and possibly other factors.

b) There seem to be two distinct symptoms, both seeming to result from the factors in (a) above.

c) I got rid of the "Poser 9 has stopped working" issue with IE11 by manually editing my C:Users{account}AppDataRoamingPoser9 LibraryPrefs.xml file to remove the external runtime with the default Poser 9 content. I was left with the blank library pane issue.

Any thoughts, suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).