Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Poser 8/9 has stopped working" after IE10 Win7 64bit update?

3dcheapskate opened this issue on Oct 15, 2013 · 36 posts

3dcheapskate posted Thu, 21 November 2013 at 5:31 AM

'Control Panel > Flash Player (32 bit)' tells me that the version is exactly the same when Poser 8/9 is working and when I get the problem, so if the issue is Adobe Flash related it's clearly more than just a matter of version number - I read somewhere that IE10/11 are more closely linked with Flash than IE9 was, so I suspect that IE10/11 tinkers with Flash...

A couple of hours ago I did a system restore to the point before IE11 was installed (the update was just IE11). I then had Adobe Flash 11.9.900.117 (both plug-in and ActiveX) and IE9 (I think- I didn't actually check!) - Poser 8/9 working fine, as before.

When I turned off my computer Windows Update malevolently forced* IE11 back on me. So after reboot I've still got Adobe Flash 11.9.900.117 (both plug-in and ActiveX) but now IE11.00.9600.16428 (both 32 and 64 bit) - Poser 8/9 have the blank library pane problem again

I updated Adobe Flash to the latest 11.9.900.152 (both plug-in and ActiveX) - no change, Poser 8/9 have the blank library pane problem.

There's at least one other person (over on the DAZ thread) who's come across a very similar IE 10/11 problem, but it's obviously only affecting the selected few...

*I still haven't found any way to refuse an update - in my administrator account I deselect it, but when I go to shut down that little yellow shield is back on the 'Shut Down' button.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).