Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Poser 8/9 has stopped working" after IE10 Win7 64bit update?

3dcheapskate opened this issue on Oct 15, 2013 · 36 posts

Balder posted Sat, 23 November 2013 at 12:48 PM

Hello!

I Just want to add my experience with this. You are not alone with this problem. I am on a Win7 64bit system. I have two computers with poser one Intel I5, and my render computer with a Intel 3930 six core processor.

I ran into exactly this problem with my PP2014. When it happend, I tried to reboot again and got the same problem. After a Virus search (found nothing), I made a backup of my whole system.

The computer was very unstable at this time, so i had to work in fail safe mode. Unfortunately i didnt check any of the poser forums after solutions. I have wanted to change my SSD drive to a bigger one for quit some time, so i did, and reinstalled windows on this and installed poser. BOOM! Poser gone, screen blank.

This was when i realised that it might have been IE11 that caused it. So i tried the system restore to get back befor the update. That failed, and windows wouldnt start again.

I reinstalled Windows again, and this time made sure, IE11 was not int the updates. Installed PP2014 BOOM! Same thing again. Made a virus search again, found nothing. Installed my older PP2012, same thing with that.

I am running out of ideas at the moment. But i will try to reinstall windows and try to install PP2014 With no updades what so ever. But not today, after the last couple of weeks i want a day off with this.

The funny (or not) is that Poser 2012 works on my older Intel I5 computer with IE10 installed.

Have a nice day!!