Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How long did it take you to learn Poser?

Cage opened this issue on Nov 26, 2013 · 42 posts

hornet3d posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 3:02 AM

Not sure when I started using Poser, my first content purchase was Jan 2000 but I know I was using Daz at that point.  Started with Poser 5 and it was the current issue at the time so that must point to an approximate date.  After using Poser 5 I stopped using Daz and then upgreaded through Poser 6, 7, 8, 2010, 2012  and now 2014.  So the end result is that I have been trying for a number of years.  I have learnt something, I know that because I look at the renders I did then to what I do now and they are certainly much improved.  Trouble is I then compare them with what others are doing and realise there is so much more.

I am not at the point where I can create my own figures and textures but I have learnt enough to blend commercially available textures and dial spinning to create my own character.  Most of this is done by using layers in Paint Shop Pro so I am not sure that qualifies for learning Poser but at least I have the very basics of the material room to apply the blends.  I can also dabble in the cloth room which was a complete mystery to me for years.  Despite that most of Poser is what I regard as PFM - Pure Flipping Magic and at that point I am clueless. 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.