Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: To All Merchants!!!!

Virus opened this issue on Sep 21, 2001 ยท 221 posts

Cin- posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 4:26 PM

Well... now I don't want to get anyone upset at me... anyone who knows me knows that I'm a pretty nice guy and pretty easy to get along with... I guess I see things from a little different perspective than a lot of people who've posted here... a lot of you (not all, but some) are vendors as well... I don't sell anything here, or anywhere for that matter... I thought about it once, but then I realized that what I wanted to sell wasn't very good... of course at the time I thought it was great, and I thought, "Wow, I might be able to make a couple of bucks." I even put up a picture and asked if anyone would want to buy it... of course no one said anything about it, and I thought everyone just had BAD TASTE!!! Just kidding... but honestly, I went back and looked at it wondering why there was absolutely no response, and I realized that it just wasn't very good, and I kind of don't blame anyone for not wanting it... I would've felt ripped off myself if I had bought it... but now I'm way off topic... so my point... I guess I see this as a good thing from a consumer stand point... it's a reassurance that what I'm getting is worth my money... If I had gone ahead and tried to sell my stuff before people probably would've bought it, and they may or may not have liked it, but if something like this were around, I could've put it "through it's paces" before it even got that far, and I could improve both the quality of what I wanted to sell, and my own modeling skills in the process... frankly, I'd love people like Mehndi, and Dmentia, and Thorne to tell me what I could do to improve my skills... and while I may not like everything about the way they do things, they are good at what they do, I don't think anyone would argue with that... Additionally as a consumer, I would feel better knowing that something I was thinking about buying had been tested and found to meet certains standards, I would feel better about buying it, and again it wouldn't stop me from buying something that hadn't been tested, if I wanted it, and I thought that it was a good product, I'd still buy it... Wow this message took me like an hour to finish writing... silly people I work with kept interupting me... sheesh ;)