Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Ok here she is! My first Poser gal.

dancineyes opened this issue on Sep 24, 2001 ยท 11 posts

shadownet posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 4:42 PM

First off this is really great for a first attempt. I do not really have much in the way of suggestions for improvement but I do have a couple of suggestions you might like to try just to see how it looks. (1) you might try a higher focal setting on your camera 55mm or higher. You might have to adjust the DollyZ or scale to get the figure back in frame but you may find this higher setting gives you a better looking render. (2) try turning the cast shadow off all but 1 or maybe two of the lights you are using by going to the light properties window (select the light you want and click on object/properties on the menubar to open the properties window). On the light(s) you leave with the shadow turned on, be sure and adjust the Map Size to 1024 or maybe higher and the Shadow dial at 1.00 you might want to bump down to .7 or so to soften the shadow a bit. A setting of 1 gives you a dark shadow and 0 gives almost no shadow, with the numbers in between going in degree from dark to light (1 to 0). Also, remember the color you pick for the light has an effect as well, so be sure and try some different color lights just to see what happens. Anyhow, that should give you a few new things to try out at any rate. Keep up the great work. Rob