Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How long did it take you to learn Poser?

Cage opened this issue on Nov 26, 2013 · 42 posts

Cage posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 6:13 PM

Quote - cage, it's easy to get blocky-edged (aliased) figs in preview render, or in FFRender with pixel samples low and shading rate high.  naturally these would have been set correctly in pz3 file, but ask user to send shots of {preview, render, hardware} settings, prefs et al.  Happy thxgvng!

p.s. takes years to learn poser, then they add stuff and we gotta start all over again 🤣

Yes, I was able to generate the aliased edges in a render by modifying the settings as you suggest, but doing that also reduces the resolution of the displacement maps and procedural textures.  The user has shown me full renders with displacement, procedural, and other textures at the resolution I set up in the example pz3, yet with aliased edges.  I don't see how there could be both at once in a full render, unless some kind of post-procdessing was done to composite two renders of differing resolutions for some reason.  The user reveals no sign of having such skills.  Color me puzzled.

I really like all the replies about how we're still learning Poser.  It wasn't my point at all, but it is something that's pretty cool about Poser and its community.  Both keep growing in new directions.  I like the way that Poser offers so many directions in which to grow that I can try and give up on a few, but still have plenty of new things to learn.  Maybe I'll never be able to light scenes like a pro or master the Hair Room design tools, but there's a bunch of other stuff I can do.  :laugh:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.