Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DSON Importer for Poser

Steeleyes101 opened this issue on Oct 30, 2013 · 32 posts

splinefit posted Fri, 29 November 2013 at 3:30 PM

Quote - > Quote - So far, no luck. I manually downloaded DSON but it downloaded as .app.  I double clicked and it said it couldn't be opened because it's from an unidentified developer.  I moved it to my poser folder, restarted and checked poser's scripts menu and it wasn't there.  I moved it to the python folder inside the poser folder, restarted poser and still not there.  

It needs to be installed; just copying it there won't work as there are multiple files that need to be extracted and distributed.  I'm not familliar with OS X, but here is allegedly how to bypass Gatekeeper to run the installer; I'd use the case by case method...

http://www.imore.com/how-open-apps-unidentified-developer-os-x-mountain-lion

I was able to open the app and it appeared to go through all the windows and install (chose the python folder in poser to install), but I can't seem to find it anywhere.   Also, it doesn't show up in Poser under the Scripts menu, I thought it was supposed to do that.  

By the way, in looking for the DSON app, I've realized that somehow the folders related to Daz and Poser are all over the place.  If I ever figure the DSON thing out I guess I'll have to figure out how to organize all those folders.