Forum: Carrara

Subject: Should Daz Sell Carrara And, If Yes, Who Should It Sell It To?

dr_bernie opened this issue on Sep 27, 2013 ยท 70 posts

Spaceland posted Thu, 05 December 2013 at 6:04 AM

Quote - I learned this with freeware, meaning my modeler and render engine were separate apps. I tried my hand at boning/rigging on a few apps but carrara was the only one I managed it with.

I mean I like separate apps for separate jobs, so I really wouldn't want Hex dropped in carrara. I don't use carrara's modeling room for more then quick shapes and content modding; when that works. Comes right down to it I use modeling in the assembly room far more then the modeling room.

I'd love to see Bryce's atmospherics in carrara. I used terragen for years before I got Carrara, so I have always found carrara's atmospherics weak. In fact I really need to put some effort in to relearning Terragen so I can make some beautiful HDRIs.

But like a car manufacturer you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket. You need products that will fit different customers.

So say DAZ made cars; eeeeeck, rather then Apps.

Carrara would be the luxury sedan.

Studio would be the SUV.

Bryce would be the top end luxury truck. Tried and true sturdy work horse.

Hexagon would be the small truck. Something for delivering or hauling boxes, but not good for anything else. Cheap, easy to operate, gets the job done; if it's not too heavy.

Now if all those had exchangeable parts it makes operating smooth and easy.

I'd love to see the 4 apps able to speak fluently to each other.

It has been a long time since i use Terragen, amazing piece of software.

I started in 3D when i bought Bryce 3D, so many lovely hours of learning.

But for modeling, i try to user more often Moi 3D, nurbs modeler. After that i use the one from Cinema 4D.

I am learning the one from Carrara and compare to each i know that it is missing tools but still good.

I find that Daz is missing alot on potential and it seem maybe that one day Bryce, Hex, Carrara will have disappear completly and Daz will have only the Studio.

But that is me.

[ Denis ]

| Coreldraw X6 | Moi v2 | Carrara 8.5 Pro | Cinema 4D R15 Prime | Lightwave 3D 11.6 |
| Intel i7-4700MQ | GeForce GTX 765M 2GB |