Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can someone explain the new Genesis HD?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Dec 05, 2013 ยท 63 posts

JoePublic posted Thu, 05 December 2013 at 6:57 PM

"Then how is it that Genesis can morph in to creatures without the rigging degrading? Or does it?" Yes, it does. But the subdivision helps smoothing out the joints. Also, the animated joint centers help a lot to keep the rigging intact, and for really difficult morphs you can inject additional JCMs to compensate for any problems. And even "degraded" somewhat, the rigging is still better than M4/V4, or Dawn, or Rex and Roxy. The ideal case is of course a standalone figure that doesn't morph at all. That's what I do with my custom figures. One shape only each and the rigging is custom made for that exact shape. But that wouldn't work for the majority of Poser users of course. People want dial spinning versality that is easy to cloth. And here Genesis-1 is still better than the rest, and Genesis-2 even a bit better than Genesis-1. Rigging a Poser figure is always a compromise. You can either have 100% perfect rigging or easy to use versatility. But IMO Genesis-2 is the best overal "compromise" I've seen so far, that's why I would like to see it fully integrated into Poser, one way or the other.