Forum: Carrara

Subject: Simple Features That Would Add Value To Carrara Without Exorbitant Costs...

dr_bernie opened this issue on Oct 05, 2013 · 38 posts

dr_bernie posted Fri, 06 December 2013 at 12:31 AM

I agree wit mmoir that Carrara''s modeler can be taken out without much impact on its user community.

I know some users do marvelous things with Carrara's modeler, but they are a tiny fraction. The vast majority of Carrara users probably rarely or even never use the modeler.

I don't think that Carrara's modeler can be reliably used to model anything more than a piece of furniture or a simple house or very simple objects.

Hexagon can be used as a front-end modeler to Carrara. Create your model in Hexagon, save it as a .car file, then open it in Carrara for uv-mapping and texturing.

Lightwave also has separate modeler (called Modeler) and animation tools (called Layout) so I don't see why Carrara shouldn't.

Another feature that I wou;d like to be thrown out of Carrara is the Pupeteer which is nothing but a gimmick of a feature to impress the amateur would-be artist. The pupeteer may be OK to get Michael wave his hands, but to create realistic and accurate animations it is light years behind. Even Studio's Animate 2 plugin does a lot better job at creating animations than the pupeteer.

The pupeteer does not add any value to Carrara and I would really like to be contradicted on this if someone could show me a few interesting animations done with it.

In other words the pupeteer is a joke of a feature that any professional would laugh at. Throwing it out will only help Carrara to become less of the laughing matter that it has become under Daz3D's inept softwrae management.