Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 is Suddenly not Supported on Windows 7???

WandW opened this issue on Dec 16, 2013 · 27 posts

shvrdavid posted Tue, 17 December 2013 at 10:20 PM

I guess I look at support a little differently.

I could care less if Poser 8 works on newer hardware, I have 2010, 2012, 2014 and can't think of a single benefit 8 has over any of them. I support SM by upgrading, not by wanting old versions patched because another company broke it.

Poser 8 is over 4 years old, and worked fine until MS broke it in Windows 7. You have to cut off support somewhere, and Poser 8 got cut for reasons that seem obvious to me.

....................................................................................................................................

If a guy comes to your house to put a new window in your house then someone throws a rock thru it. Is it the guys fault that installed it before the rock went thru it??? 

Should the guy that put the window in known (and waited) for the rock to wizz past him into the house before putting the window in? Or is the fault whoever got the rock heading at the house in the first place?

Smith Micro put your window in....Microsoft threw the rock.....

Microsoft should have emailed Smith Micro about the rock long before they threw it....

Now your window is busted and you want to blame SM for not having a crystal ball to see the guy from MicroShaft with the rock....

(Sarcasm intended)

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->