Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 is Suddenly not Supported on Windows 7???

WandW opened this issue on Dec 16, 2013 · 27 posts

Osper posted Wed, 18 December 2013 at 1:52 PM

The crux in this matter is not that SM is not providing support in the way of upgrades to P8.  It's that in business if you want customers to continue to buy your products: you have to show them you support them.  SM has a problem in that there is an alternative out there.  I never said I expected them to provide an update but I did expect them to remember that I own one of their products.  (actually every Poser since P4).  A note from them advising the problem and the quick fix would have done that.  Computers and data bases have made that kind stuff fairly easy (Obama Care excepted).  Corel for example, I still use Corel draw/paint which is way out of date.  But I still get offers from them.  The data base is there.  Why not use it?

We P8/P12 users are not alone.  A customer called me today and in conversation advised that his high end accounting problem had quit working and he was calling to tell me that my payment would be a little late because they were having to make checks out by hand.  When I asked about which windows he was using he hadn't switched to W8 because it wasn't supported by his program.  I advised him of the problem and ten minutes later he called back to thank me. I get my money on time :)  His IT people were still working on the problem when he told them to "restore"  (He knows diddly about computers so he was thrilled when he got tell his IT prople what to do!)